The USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking an Art Director to execute award winning client creative campaigns across platforms using fresh, innovative thinking and end-to-end understanding of online and offline creative solutions. The Art Director will lead all visual aspects and executes client creative campaigns across platforms using innovative and fresh thinking.
Working closely with Client Solutions team this role will focus on high-end creative concept and development for key local and regional accounts, visualizing client brand needs and transforming them into effective business solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing Daily:
- Using creative briefs and input from internal Client Solutions and Sales partners to develop creative ideas and translate them into a compelling, executable digital and offline creative campaigns that address client needs and deliver business results
- Producing multiple ads as part of an integrated campaign in a short time frame – resizing art/layout according to specs
- Presenting proposed creative strategies and integrated campaign concepts to internal and clients
- Managing multiple creative assignments in deadline driven environment for various Gannett markets based on needs
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years of creative design experience, preferably in a design firm, advertising agency, and/or market
- Publishing industry knowledge preferred
- Strong ability to conceptualize creative ideas that solve for business needs in a creative manner
- Ability to understand and apply style/content differences between print and digital content to process ads appropriately for different products
- Copywriting experience
- Understanding of print and digital production processes
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under the pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent proofreading, spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite of applications including PowerPoint