At FCB Chicago, the Art Director is responsible for the conception, design and execution of innovative visual materials under the guidance of the Senior Art Director or Associate Creative Director.
• Conceives and executes design consistent with the agreed-upon strategy
• Takes a project from concept development through production with limited supervision
• Maintains personal graphic resources, visual data and samples
• Maintains consistently high graphic standards and is aware of new techniques and rends in graphic arts and desktop publishing
• Reviews prepress files, for accuracy before production
• Reviews film with supervisor or before final printing
• Presents creative ideas and techniques to Creative Supervisor / Director
• Works with supervisor on every phase of work from concept development, concept execution, electronic prepress through print production
• Bachelors of Fine Arts degree or equivalent
• 3-5 years of agency art direction experience, preferably in direct marketing, promotional marketing or general advertising
• Computer proficiency; excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Quark
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Must be a team player with a willingness to help and learn.