The Art Director will work with the Creative Sr. Art Director, Copy Manager/writers and Project Manager to ensure seasonal direction, established color palettes, consistency in art direction, design and branding, as well as create a cohesive relationship between visual and written creative concepts.
Core Capabilities & Accomplishments:
- Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Advertising preferred.
- 3-5 years of design, graphic arts, and production in retail fashion preferred.
- Significant experience in layout for print, digital and current social media with proven graphic skills.
- Strong typography skills with close attention to details such as kerning and leading.
- Understanding that this position will sometimes involve art directing photo shoots but will mostly involve designing layouts for various projects – fashion and still life photo art direction experience a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles; gif animation a plus.
- Demonstrated creativity, aesthetic sensitivity.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.
- Eager to work on projects that begin in concept phase and take them to execution stage.
- Ability to understand direction and feedback, and keep up with tight deadlines.
- Ability to present work confidently to both colleagues and various levels of management.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be self-motivated and adaptive to change.
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustration and other MAC based applications and design programs.