- On a campaign and or project by project basis, interact, brainstorm and concept with internal and external business partners and all levels of senior management to develop creative communications that are strategically appropriate and successful at meeting targeted sales and informational goals.
- Use both conventional and digital mediums to execute effective, persuasive and informational communications, consistently illustrate and articulate strong graphic design skill sets with a keen eye for layout balance, typography, color associations and brand integrity. Additionally, with each layout, demonstrate sensitivity to messaging hierarchy and content readability.
- Stay abreast of different trends and “looks” in design (print, web, trade show, packaging, etc.) and lead campaign and or project executions by providing hands-on art direction to teams of designers in the development, integration and design execution of communication and promotional efforts that ultimately drive Essendant’s marketing, merchandising and branding objectives.
- Lead, mentor, and review designers in front-end development execution, taking digital assignments from initial concepts through code.
- Review and critique campaign/projects created by assigned designers ensuring that the creative is balanced, appropriately branded and integrated with the original concept in style and tonality regardless of web and print mediums. Through project association, coach and mentor designers in areas that evolve individual design instincts and implementation technology skill sets.
- Conduct group creative brainstorming sessions to help drive innovative concepts and deliverables to common requests, inspiring designers to think beyond the norm.
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of company and internal customer initiatives, product categories and features in order to develop targeted communications. Strengthen business partner relationships and help others to recognize and value Channel Marketing processes and services by attending and contributing to staff meetings and strategy sessions.
- Work with Account and Project Managers to establish project design teams, balance team workloads and define project schedules.
- Manage people, processes, budgets, performance management, compliance activities, and associate development as required by the job.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’s Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Skills/Knowledge Required
- Strong, established design aesthetics (sensitivity to layout, imagery, typography, color relationships, and brand) and proven hands-on skills using Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft applications.
- Minimum of 8years practical design experience with proven knowledge leading the execution of deliverables in both conventional print and digital mediums (i.e., catalog and print collateral, web, email, landing page, and homepage design).
- Fluency in code versioning technologies and processes including GIT and SVN.
- Experienced in UI/UX design and strong knowledge of web technologies and formats, mobile and responsive design, website best practices, and SEO principals regarding page size, loading time, and HTTP requests.
- Experienced in email design and email code development, understanding mobile and responsive principals along with best practices across multiple devices.
- Strong project management skills, experienced in assessing, orchestrating (driving timelines and due dates) and balancing a diversified work load. Able to align team focus and resources to priorities as defined by Creative Director.
- Experience with Agile methodology for project and task management a strong plus.
- Able to collaborate with internal clients to understand request goals and objectives and provide strategic ideation on how to best reach those goals through a visual medium.
- Ability to create and deliver concept presentations to internal/external teams that align to strategic goals and objectives, articulating the design vision clearly.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, direct, coach, mentor and assess individual design and production skill sets. Minimum of 5years art directing designers and front-end developers in a team environment.
- Willingness and ability to work with business partners, accept feedback, constructively discuss feedback, and incorporate into subsequent rounds of creative output.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 8 to 10years proven experience
- Bachelors degreerequired
- Robust portfolio showcasing wide range of hands-on design and development experience on both digital projects (landing pages, email design, UI) and print deliverables. Front-end development examples required.
Bachelors or better.