We're looking for an outstanding and dynamic Art Director/Design Lead with financial and technology BtoB experience to help drive multi-channel creative initiatives – to refresh and refine the Orion visual brand, lead our design effort and own our web properties.
You love a challenge. You are smart. You can generate conceptual ideas; you can visualize the intangible and enthusiastically lead a team through the creative process. You possess the talent to articulate and defend conceptual and directional choices. You’re happier in a small entrepreneurial environment where you will make a difference.
- You can manage multiple, concurrent projects in any media
- You are resourceful; you have a network of talent to call
- You are business savvy; you support sales, contribute to client retention and manage work within budgets
- A strong working knowledge of brand development, interaction design, user-centered experience design, advertising, digital marketing and the creative process.
- Leads and manages the design process through ideation, conception, development, execution and follow through of the experience.
- Drives the development of design processes and techniques both within and across other teams.
- Identifies ways to improve the quality and process of design, and owns the sharing and approval of designs across the organization, communicates design goals and standards.
- Collaborates with leadership across cross-functional teams including Product Management, User Research, User Interface and Software Development.
- Works closely with audio and video team to create podcasts, social media videos and other types of media outputs.
- Stays aware of industry trends and techniques. Evaluates competitive products, and determines areas to improve or innovate.
- Creative direction
- Branding guideline creation and implementation
- Marketing campaign ideation and execution
- Print, Digital, Mobile and Interface Design
- Long and short form content design
- Ground-up branding
- Responsive UX design
- Social Media graphic design
- Project management
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience owning prominent visual brands
- Demonstrated understanding of color theory and typography
- Expert in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Keynote
- Expert in Wordpress/HTML/CSS
- Experience managing internal and agency resources
- BA in Arts or Graphic Design or BFA.