The Art Director, Design Lead is responsible driving multi-channel creative initiatives to refresh and redefine the visual brand, lead our design efforts and own our web properties for Orion Advisor Services, LLC (“OAS”), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC (“NorthStar”).
You love a challenge. You are smart. You can generate conceptual ideas; you can visualize the intangible and enthusiastically lead a team through the creative process. You possess the talent to articulate and defend conceptual and directional choices. You’re happier in a small entrepreneurial environment where you will make a difference.
• Leads and implements creative for all Orion events, campaigns and promotions including design, illustration, web/mobile development, final art and video production
• Leads strategic design and execution of Orion brand; ensures visual brand remains leading edge
• Collaborates with CMO to conceptualize campaigns for brand awareness and marketing initiatives
• Manages/executes production of all print and digital marketing assets
• Oversees and executes creative solutions; ensures quality assurance of all creative deliverables
• Builds creative team within the marketing department over time and manages employees including but not limited to hiring, training and developing employees, delegating work assignments, etc.
• Selects and manages freelance services; provides review and approval of advertising and marketing collateral design
• You are resourceful; you have a network of talent to call
• You are business savvy; you support sales, contribute to client retention and manage work within budgets
• A strong working knowledge of brand development, interaction design, user-centered experience design, advertising, digital marketing and the creative process.
• Leads and manages the design process through ideation, conception, development, execution and follow through of the experience.
• Drives the development of design processes and techniques both within and across other teams.
• Identifies ways to improve the quality and process of design, and owns the sharing and approval of designs across the organization, communicates design goals and standards.
• Stays aware of industry trends and techniques. Evaluates competitive products, and determines areas to improve or innovate.
• You can manage multiple, concurrent projects in any media
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Collaborates with leadership across cross-functional teams including Product Management, User Research, User Interface and Software Development.
• Works closely with audio and video team to create podcasts, social media videos and other types of media outputs.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Effective problem solving and organizational skills
• Bachelor in Arts for Graphic Design or Fine Arts
• 7-10 years of relevant experience
• Experience owning prominent visual brand
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered