As a key member of the Marketing team, the Art Director plays an essential role where they will be responsible for leading and creating the visual design for Choice Hotel’s campaigns. These digital omni-channel marketing efforts include email, Choicehotels.com, digital display, social media, Choice Privileges loyalty program, and our key core, foundational, and extended stay brands.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provide creative design, art direction and quality control over all concepts, projects and content creation for all marketing channels that flow through the Customer Center of Excellence (CCoE).
- Cross-functionally collaborates with CCoE members and channel/program stakeholders to continually drive cohesive creative design and art direction that successfully communicates our brand value proposition, positioning, and personality.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Will be expected to handle multiple on-going projects. Must be able to multi-task efficiently, manage resources, and scheduling.
- Manages ideation, development and implementation of creative design with internal partners and external agency partners.
- Manage and evolve brand standards as necessary.
- Collaborates and partners directly and cross-functionally with Choicehotels.com UX, Choicehotels.com Content Strategy, Email Communications/Operations, Choice Privileges, B2B, Global Sales, brand teams, and other business groups to design and direct creative development for omni channel marketing efforts and obtain organizational buy-in.
- Ensure all marketing communications across various touchpoints remain consistent with established brand guidelines and align with strategic marketing goals.
- Leverages Performance Analytics/Research to ensure best practices are infused into the creative design and art direction efforts to ensure creative direction is relevant for target and industry.
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A minimum 7+ years of experience in graphic design working within a branding, advertising, agency or in-house marketing environment.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of consumer brand principals and management.
- Previous experience in the hotel/travel industry or in consumer goods preferred.
- Experience with HTML, and/or CSS, responsive/adaptive design principles and Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac platform (There is no extensive development or coding needed, the designer will be working with developers to execute final digital pieces).
- Experience with new media (i.e. AR), UX/UI, Adobe After Effects and Premier a plus.
- Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates expertise across email, web, digital ads, landing page designs, printed collateral, event graphics, and more.
- Outstanding creative judgment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with a range of project management and digital marketing tools like Microsoft Teams, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.
- Creative vision and ability to keep up to date and synthesize design trends in order make suggestions on how to evolve omni channel marketing efforts for Choice Hotels.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience.