The Art Director embodies Agency Creative’s brand and guiding “I OWN IT” (IOI) principles.
Agency Creative culture entails intelligent collaboration. Our culture is not to follow blindly but to questions constructively and create and manage expectations through IOI.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Generates unique design and promotional concepts that promote each clients brand position and identity, while enhancing the experience for the consumer.
- Participates in the execution of entire creative process within an allotted time frame and budget.
- Strong conceptual, graphic design, type, and page layout skills for projects ranging from print to interactive to broadcast.
- Works in conjunction with pre-press designers and procurement managers and understands the processes of both.
- Oversees the accuracy and timely completion of their creative work.
- Works directly with a team led by a creative director to concept and execute work.
- Acts as a strong contributor within the team at any level.
- Responsible for all pre-production meetings for projects including photo shoots, video editing, broadcast and fulfillment.
- Attention to detail and passion for good work.
- Provide support to functional areas focusing on strategic objectives and consistent delivery of the creative product through the IOI principles.
- Fostering strong collaborative teams across functional areas.
- Support agency’s submission for awards.
- Adheres to the stated process and procedures of our company.
- Completes a daily timesheet.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university (preferably in creative, design, advertising or related field)
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas to others through written, drawn and verbal means, particularly design staff across disciplines and project managers
- Must have industry-specific knowledge: familiarity with agency terminology, processes, and emerging/relevant technology and social/media channels
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Ability to influence others
- Results oriented and self-motivated
- Good listening skills
- Hands on sketching and technical drawing ability preferred
- Have outstanding presentation skills
- Ability to apply creativity to strategically lead real world problems.
- Similar consultancy/agency experience preferred
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Sense of humor
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail, reliably and great energy
- Intimate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other essential creative tools/technology
Summary of Experience:
- Functional expertise within Agency or in-house Creative 2-7 years
- Award winning broadcast and/or portfolio