The Art Director designs and executes information graphics and is the creative liaison between the artists in the graphics department and the different ABC News dayparts/shows. The Art Director collaborates with directors, producers, and writers and works with graphic artists to visualize editorial ideas and translate and improve upon initial concepts.
- Must be highly creative, innovative, extremely motivated, organized and able to handle creative pressures under extreme deadlines.
- This person needs to be an ingenious visual problem solver. The candidate must be able to manage quick turnaround of graphics assets, work well in a team and with a wide range of people --or independently as the situation demands.
- They also need to be able to manage artists and projects with great competence and skill as well as oversee the design and development of compelling/sophisticated visuals that both complement and enhance ABC News editorial content.
- This position requires hands-on proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite. Must also have knowledge of graphics software such as VizRt, C4D, Maya, and Flame.
- Having a complete understanding of live graphic video production/animation and News graphics is a must.
- Minimum 5 years as a Designer overseeing video/motion graphics production
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, work ethic and a desire to be in a media and breaking news environment
- Excellent people skills, must be able to manage creative staff and deadlines
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, 3D, video production
- Strong editorial background/experience
- Detail-oriented with proficiency at managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to think & communicate clearly and effectively, contributing to all discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion
- Superior typography and design sensibilities
- BFA in Graphic/Digital Design or Animation
- 5 Years Experience in Graphic Design/Digital/Broadcast
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.