The Area Vice President isresponsible for developing the overallsales strategy for the Western region, implementing and executing growth plans and creating demand in the market. The incumbent will need towork closely with distributor personnel, assigned manufacturer’s reps,contractors, and track progress to meet expected growth goals. He/she is alsoresponsible for driving opportunities that assist B-Line in achieving the division goals leveraging the Eatonsales teams/channels. This position requires coaching, directing, and trainingsales professionals in their respective assignments to succeed at managing and developing their customer base, leveraginginternal and external resources, driving products and thechannel to market to achieve marketshare gains,support price attainment goals and develop and implementstrategic initiatives throughout the assigned region. It is essential to understand major competitors’ tactics, organization,distribution strategy, and pricing while keeping management informed of trends and changes. This position will beresponsible to ensure that strategic and regional plans, major product launches, and key programs are properly planned, executed, and managed. The incumbent will successfully achievesales targets while maintainingquality standards and controlling expenses. Key attributes of the ideal candidate include an individual who is motivated, hardworking and has priorsales leadershipexperience with a track record of success. This individual will be an effective communicator who can provide reliableforecasting and clearreporting, able to manage project plans,schedules and resources to meet milestones and objectives while remaining within establishedbudgets.
- Develop and execute strategic plan for the Western region that coincide with the overall company objectives
- Develop and execute the agent strategy for the Western region; incorporating an agent accountability and review process
- Drive demand creation in the Western region through collaboration with key contractors, engineers, and end-users
- Establish and drive a project and distributor conversion pipeline within the Western region
- Provide leadership and development to internal and external sales teams
- Work withsupport teams and Product Development to identify and implement new opportunities
- Maintain a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of ethics
- Attract, retain, and develop high performing, high potential level talent for Eaton through assessing, selecting, onboarding, coaching, and developing talent that feeds future roles in the business.
- Superior knowledge and demonstrated skills of sales techniques, customer interaction, customer relations and employee development
- Analytical thinking capability, leveraging data-driven arguments to make decisions, conduct annual sales operating plans and channelmarketing plans.
- MBA or other advanced business related or engineeringdegree
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering field.
- 5+ years of direct sales leadership in the electrical or industrial marketplace
- Experience in a rapid-growth, fast-paced organization
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of eight years of industry experience in a sales or marketing capacity
- Experience managing and developing a team
- Demonstrated history of consistent sales growth
- Ability to write and execute strategic sales plans and effective sales proposals.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Ability to utilize creative skills effectively.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, inclusive of customer and management presentations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 040394