Area Vice President, Robotics
Are you a recognized leader in the Medical Device industry? Do you thrive in dynamic, competitive environment and simultaneously know how to build a strong team culture? Are you excited to be part of new team in the disruptive technology space? If so, we are looking for someone like you.
The Robotics Area Vice President will provide functional leadership and direction for achieving Smith & Nephew Robotics sales goals and commercial operations objectives in an assigned geographical sales area.
- Responsible for meeting forecasting, revenue and profitability objectives by balancing revenue generation and expense management for aligned geographical area.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, and manage sales team.. Actively coach direct reports to meet annual objectives through the development of competent business acumen, product knowledge and market intelligence.
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales team with maintaining /fostering key surgeon relationships, negotiating, and closing deals.
- Collaborate with Director of Clinical and other key internal partners to drive desired performance objectives.
- Enroll and engage cross functional corporate leaders and senior management to support overall Robotics strategy and imperatives.
- Work closely with Marketing and Operations to plan and ensure on-time and efficient product launches. Participate in product positioning and pricing strategies.
- Plan and execute activities to communicate clear expectations, stimulate information gathering and facilitate the transfer of necessary skills to direct reports.
- Implement aggressive talent development initiatives that optimize team productivity. Drive bench development, and support organizational talent cross-pollination.
- Prepares, administers, and controls Area expense budget as part of the overall area profits. Ensure all team resources are utilized in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensures that the work environment and behavior of field team members is characterized by mutual respect and free of unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation. Actively supports the company's affirmative action and Compliance goals.
- Minimum of a combination of 9 years sales and sales management experience in the medical industry, preferably orthopedics or a disruptive market segment
- Experience in leading and developing dynamic, results-oriented teams
- Strong Leaderships skills
- Ability to build high functioning teams; demonstrated business and financial acumen
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to work with all functional areas of the business
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong analytical skills and ability to deliver results in complex deals
Bachelor's degree in business/marketing or related field. MBA preferred.