Area Vice President of Sales (Home Health) - Texas Market LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From homehealth and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around thecountry have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
The Home Health Area Vice Presdient of Operations is responsible for oversight of assigned region as it relatesto implementation and maintenance of administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations. Coordinating and completing assigned projectsto effectively support the immediate and long range objectives of the company. Enhancing the profitability ofassigned agencies. and providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the company.
- Oversees each agency's staffing model and approves appropriate changes as needed.
- Works with the Executive Director to ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory standards in assigned regions.
- Ensures adherence of the Care Management Model within all regions/areas on an on-going basis.
- Assists in identifying and implementing Business Development opportunities in assignedregions/areas as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between businesses contacts and/or partners and Senior Management and between Senior Management and assigned agency locations.
- Ensures profitability while maintaining appropriate levels of patient care through thecoordination of financial, clinical, operational, legal and business development services for assigned regions/areas.
- Conducts weekly conference calls with Executive Director's and Performance Improvement Coordinators (PICs). Reviews overall operations, clinical processes, business development opportunities and possible adverse trends/concerns with Executive Director's and performance issues with the PICs.
- Reports to the Division Vice President on operational, clinical and business developmental concerns for locations as needed.
- Communicates to the Division Vice President all risk management, patient care, corporate compliance, and regulatory issues affecting the assigned regions.
- Reviews weekly metrics reports, claims alerts, late EMCs and productivity. Follows up onnegative trends and actions as needed.
- Reviews the monthly operational review with the Division Vice President and Senior Mgmt at the home office or via conference call.
- Reviews and submits any agency expenses. Reviews, approves, and signs off on any assignedemployee's expenses.
- Compares actual vs. budget, looks for negative trends and develops actions needed to address variances.
- Reviews location performance in the following areas: financials (actual vs budgeted), operational metrics, compliance with OCS edits, Homecare Compare scores, Outcomes Based Quality Improvement (OBQI) adverse event and patient satisfaction scores.
- Supervises and provides timely evaluation to all Executive Director's and PICs in assignedregions.
- Oversees the current budget, and develops the budget forecast for each location for thefollowing year.
- Reviews annual employee satisfaction results for locations with the appropriate ExecutiveDirector's. Assists with the development of action plans.
- Oversight of assigned home health provider and branch agencies within the Region, providing leadership and mentoring to site manager for the purpose of maintaining profitability while providing quality patient care.
- Ensures that compliance with legal and regulatory standards are met.
- Collaborates strongly with the Sales Leadership team to drive business development and growth.
- Quality patient scores as well as employee satisfaction scores are met according to company guidelines.
- Guidance to agency managers in hiring and retaining quality staff to ensure appropriateness of agency staffing.
- Formal Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 5 years
- License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: No
- 5 year's experience in direct financial and employee management of a healthcare facility or multi-site healthcare facilities.
- P&L as well as budget process experience.
- Proven financial management ability
- Proven census growth achievement
- Able to develop and implement strategies for agency improvement
- Ability to understand and guide staff as to how operational metrics impact financial performance.
- Able to multi task and be a creative problem solver