Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for an Area Specialty Manager. As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications. Job Summary This role is responsible to grow sales of promoted products within targeted physician, institutional and managed care customer segments. Job Responsibilities Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Spans customer care area to address specific business needs and opportunities in the CCA
- Focuses on a call list of high value PAH prescribers
- In partnership with DM, collaborates with team members including KAM, TM, BD, MSL, SAM/NAM, TAM and PAH Pathways counselors
- Develops new business and maintains existing business by building and sustaining strong, trusting relationships with customers and prospects
- Plans and organizes activities and resources so that sales goals are consistently met or exceeded
- Conducts speaker programs and educational symposia
- Develops business with targeted physicians including pulmonologists, rheumatologists and cardiologists
- Provides necessary information to customers including physicians, NPs, PAs, etc. to improve their knowledge of promoted products and the uses for which they are indicated.
- Prepares and executes Business Plan for targeted customer segments
Manages territory budget
- Utilizes all resources to monitor and manage business frequently
Candidate Qualifications & Requirements This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required
- 10 years of field sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry including five years of specialty sales in either pulmonary hypertension, cardiovascular or pulmonary disease state(s).
- Working knowledge of managed care and hospital sales
- Significant PAH market and product knowledge
- Proven success working in a cross functional and/or team environment
- Self-starter with a proven track record of high performance, strong clinical knowledge, solid business acumen
- Superior communication skills and excellent follow through
- Proven sales track record
- Success exhibiting peer leadership, mentorship and coaching new hires as well as the rest of the team
- Ability to travel up to 80% including overnight trips