Thank you for your interest in Össur.
The most important resource of Össur is its staff. At Össur, we value our extensive skills and knowledge base and naturally we nurture a spirit of innovation. With wide-ranging roles involved in our business, Össur is keen to attract talented individuals and accomplished team players, who are ready to contribute to the achievement of our goals.
Responsible for sales growth of Össur prosthetic products in defined territory. Make sales presentations to prosthetists, orthotists and other medical professionals to elicit use of Össur prosthetic products and achieve sales goals. Develop and build relationships with various clinical decision makers to expand Össur core customer base and market share. Help to develop effective sales strategies to consistently achieve sales goals. Demonstrate leadership abilities by assisting Regional Sales Manager with recruitment and training of new hires, development and presentation of competitive sales strategies and execution of key sales initiatives.
- Assist Regional Sales Manager as assigned with activities such as launch of sales initiatives, analyses of competitive threats and counter strategies, and coordination of sales meetings.
- Lead regional effort in “corporate deals” by leveraging Össur’s industry-leading
- Consistently maintains high level of output according to established productivity standards.
- Makes effective use of all resources to sustain optimum performance and efficiency with a focus on growth and profitability.
- Develops and executes strategic solutions towards the market to effectively grow territory profitably.
- Responds promptly to the needs of both the internal and external customer.
- Attains or exceeds monthly, quarterly and annual territory sales objectives for all products.
- Demonstrate collaborative team work with Sales Management, Össur Academy, internal personnel, Orthopedic counterparts and distribution channels.
- Makes scheduled personalized sales presentations to O&P practitioners and other medical professionals in the assigned territory to elicit use of Össur products and achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for leading ad-hoc projects, product or go-to-market “trials”, etc.
- Utilizes demonstrations, literature, and promotional materials in a strategically planned manner consistent with our sales and product strategies.
- Develops and uses industrial, technical, and competitive knowledge to overcome objections and effectively implement sales and product strategies.
- Actively participate in leadership venues such as “Sales Force Council” for the purpose of providing input and feedback on product development, go-to-market strategy, etc.
- Join and represent Össur at professional industry forums/meetings for their Region of the country.
- Maintains an acceptable level of technical competency, 90% or above.
- Effectively and efficiently organizes territory priorities and activities.
- Submits accurate and timely territory reports to include expenses, TSM and CRM.
- Exercises good judgment in the use of company funds to ensure territory profitability.
- Is proactive in cost containment and management of expenses.
- Assist in covering open territories.
- Represent the Company in National Trade Shows.
- Complies with both the spirit and letter of applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains a professional image and demeanor consistent with the image of Össur.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of company data including new product information, marketing strategies, discount programs, pricing information and other business proprietary information.
- All employees must be aware, have knowledge and shall have received general training in Quality requirements of Össur. Training takes place in the Onboarding process and in New Employee Orientation. More specific Quality training is job specific.
- All training related to the quality management system is done in accordance to the Training Management Process (QM1681).
- Exercises good use of company funds and property within the set guidelines. Maintains an honest and professional attitude as the company’s representative at all times.
- Contributes to a safe working environment by maintaining own workspace and reporting any potential hazards.
- Adheres to Company Core Values – Honesty – Frugality – Courage.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in a life science or business discipline.
- 5+ years in direct field sales, preferably in medical products.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in medical device sales.
- Consistent high level of sales performance vs. attainment and growth, expense management, and adherence/exemplification of the company’s core values is a requirement to remain in this role.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational, analytical, task and time management skills
- Ability to Travel up to 60%
Össur is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.