Area Sales Manager
Cobham is seeking an Area Sales Manager ? Midwest. This position a virtual/ remote position, to be based in Chicago or Minneapolis.
- Develops a yearly sales plan for the Area that is updated quarterly, that provides for sales programs, demo equipment, resources, time management, key accounts, training, etc. that will enable the order plan to be met
- Establishes annual product and sales objectives by analyzing trends, forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories, projecting expected order volume for existing and new products.
- Provides strong leadership both inside and outside the company. This will be manifest in the implementation of company policies, issue resolution, meeting goals and objectives and communication.
- Be the "owner" of customer satisfaction by personally ensuring that all issues are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Understand and use professional selling techniques (i.e., time/territory management, call objectives, full account qualification, investigation and closing commitments).
- Develop a high degree of personal communication skills (i.e., listening skills, handling objections, empathy and effective presentation skills.)
- Understand the company polices and strategic direction. This includes knowledge of sales programs, pricing, discounts, customer product support and training programs.
- To keep all customer contact reports up to date, and communicate required information to fellow team members including markets trends and competitive information to CRT/Sales Specialist.
- To ensure all company resources are appropriately used (car, credit card, telephone etc.) and expenses are submitted in a timely manner.
- Provides product order forecasts by participating in the development of quotas and goals for representatives within the assigned territory, collecting representative 30/60/90 day sales funnels and collecting distributor inventory data. Submits monthly summary to Regional Sales Manager.
- Identifies and evaluates new product requirements and current product upgrades/modifications based on inputs from customer contacts and industry technical specifications.
- Develops and conducts product demonstrations/training for distributors/representatives and customers.
- Monitors and evaluates and drives the performance of distributors and representatives by developing and maintaining a customer database and product sales history. Recommends hiring and firing of reps/distributors.
- Responsible to ensure that company credit cards and other company resources are used only for company business. Completion of travel expenses and other administrative duties as assigned are required.
- Responsible to maintain detailed activity records in company provided CRM and Productivity tools (i.e. Salesforce.com and Microsoft Outlook).
- Performs other duties and assumes otherresponsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% (possibly up to 75% for the first 6 months).
- Minimum of a Bachelor?s Degree.
- 2 years?experience in test & measurement, or avionics or communications systems sales.
- 2 years?experience with RF communications systems, including public and private mobile radio, or avionics, or cellular, or microwave and general purpose test equipment.
- Experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- 1 year of experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems experience.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor?s Degree in ElectricalEngineeringpreferred, or Computer Science/Computer Engineering/ or a Business Degree.
- Operational and applications knowledge of Cobham test equipment a plus.
- US Military experience.
- Experience giving group presentations.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it?s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at or follow us on our LinkedIn page at
To be considered you must apply by going to