This position is responsible for managing all sales functions for a defined geographic area – strategic leadership for the sales and marketing plan for the market, budgeting and P&L responsibility, providing guidance and leadership to area sales teams, coaching sales representatives, and providing formal and informal feedback to their sales teams.
- Develop, with area leadership, the strategic market plan for the area and direct overall activities to achieve objectives
- Provide regular guidance and coaching to sales team based on best-in-class sales practices and strategic market plan
- Develop a pipeline of sales talent through coaching, feedback, engagement, and proactive and ongoing talent identification and recruitment
- Establish appropriate goals, expectations, activities, and outcome targets; actively monitor results and adjust priorities as needed
- Support management decisions on area growth initiatives and other strategic issues, including pricing, marketing, and inventory management
- Coordinate with operations management and logistics/dispatch concerning the impact of sales plans on projected volumes, product availability, and other operational considerations
- Represent the company with major contractors, as well as federal, state, and local government agencies and industry associations involved in regulating, specifying, or purchasing construction materials.
- Promote a safe and supportive working environment for all Vulcan customers, coworkers, and competitors
- Perform other duties as required by division or area leadership
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree minimum from an accredited 4-year university, or equivalent work experience, is required.
Minimum 5+ years of sales experience with a track record of progressive responsibility and successful sales management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent motivator and team builder, able to form strong interpersonal relationships with sales team
- Ability to drive sales team performance excellence while building a positive team environment
- Possesses persuasive selling skills and knowledge
- Passionate coach willing and able to provide regular feedback to sales team
- Effective communicator for both internal and external audience
- Experienced sales leader familiar with pricing and marketing principles and able to support business planning efforts
- Proficient computer and tablet user, able to use Microsoft Office applications, Google, Oracle Business Environment, and other software packages relevant to the position