Careers at Forward Air Corporation
Forward Air has been a leader in the expedited ground transportation industry for 25 years. Our portfolio of services has evolved to meet each customer's unique shipping needs, including expedited linehaul (TL & LTL), pick-up and delivery, intermodal drayage (CST), pool distribution (FAS) and specialized temperature-controlled logistics services (TQI). Forward Air is a publicly traded (NASDQ: FWRD) and highly respected transportation and logistics company with revenues of approximately $1B annually. We are a growth-oriented company that has doubled in size over the past 5 years.
As an industry leader- we are dedicated to finding the best people. We want individuals who share our core values and demonstrate a true passion for what we do. Forward Air offers excellent compensation and benefits packages to ouremployees, as well as tremendous growth opportunities for top performers.
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Area Sales Manager (Transportation)
Department:Forward Air LTLLocation:Fife, WA
START YOUR APPLICATION
Forward Air Inc. is a publicly traded (NASDQ: FWRD) and highly respected transportation and logistics Company with revenues of approximately $1B annually. We are a growth-oriented company that has doubled in size over the past 5 years. We have an aggressive growth strategy and need great talent to help us achieve our goals. As an industry leader - we are dedicated to finding and developing the best people. We want individuals who share our core values and demonstrate a true passion for what we do. Forward Air offers excellent compensation and benefits packages to our employees, as well as tremendous growth opportunities for top performers.
Job Description: Area Sales Manager (Transportation)
Domiciled out of our SEA Terminal located in Fife / Tacoma WA.
The Area Sales Manager’s job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining existing customer account relationships and to develop new customer accounts consistent with the sales and marketing plans of our company. Managing accounts includes, but is not limited to, analyzing account data, keeping a daily log of sales activity, work with operations team to overcome customer hurdles and brainstorm solutions to generate additional revenue, reporting to the Director of Sales, in tandem with the Regional Vice President of Sales. The Area Sales Manager will provide planning for, direction to, and will control available resources associated with meeting customer service metrics and fiscal responsibilities while operating within the company guidelines. The qualified candidate must have previous sales / account management experience with logistics industry experience a positive.
Travel 1 week out of a month. Overnight required.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure all work is performed according to Forward Air approved procedures, standards, and specifications for sales objectives
- Works with customers to anticipate and interpret customer needs and business challenges
- Resolves operational issues that impact the local sales revenue
- Work as a liaison between Customer and Forward Air, on a macro and micro level
- Interprets internal/external business issues and adapts work priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Measure and analyze key performance indicators; performance tracking, errors, and weekly/monthly/quarterly volume and revenue figures
- The ability to manage and react to day-to-day sales requirements in a professional and timely manner
- Applies expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to staff and associates
- Work with existing accounts to grow revenue and market share in Los Angeles and nationally
- Create and foster new business partnerships with local and national clientele
- Must schedule and attend meetings, calls and work on day to day tasks with highly effective time management skills
- Will be working with customers nationally that have 24 hour operations and will need to be responsive to needs that include rare night and weekend assistance
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Applicants must possess ALL of the following abilities:
- Computer literate to include Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and sell key company services based on current corporate objectives
- Have strong time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Must have the ability to relate to and work well with different personalities. Must be outgoing and friendly and have the ability togenerate sales revenue through partnerships
- Able to work flexible hours
- Proven Track record of experience and successes in a prior sales position(s)
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 + years’ experience in an account management sales role. A combination of education and/or extensive experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree
- All applicants are subject to criminal background investigation
- Ideal candidate will possess a “can do" attitude with a “will do" work ethic
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with AS400 operating systems is a plus
- Transportation industry knowledge and experience is a plus
- Performance bonuses available
- Industry leading benefits package
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Car miles and cell phone allowance
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, stock ownership plans, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, vision care plan, paid sick time, paid company holidays, and paid vacations.