The Public Agency / Water Conservation Manager (PA/WCM) is responsible for achieving Canadian sales objectives through public agency and irrigation specification account channels. The PA/WCM will develop and maintain relationships with public agency personnel, irrigation consultants’ commercial architects and contractors to grow central control, controllers, and associated water saving product sales. The ideal candidate must be able to analyze market trends / opportunities and create, prioritize and execute strategies capitalizing on those opportunities; assuring Rain Bird gains market share. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are necessary to succeed in this position, as well as, the candidate is expected to be proactive, customer-oriented, driven to succeed in a fast paced environment, suited for independent field work, possess strong self-initiative and deliver extraordinary results.
- Achieve public agency sales and adoption of Rain Bird products, gain regional specification and central control sales goals through development and deployment of strategic plans and tactics.
- Work in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager and Area Managers to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Be the regional Public Agency/Specification expert for the Rain Bird Sales Team, as well as, external customers. Fully understand technical product applications and design.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure product plans, marketing programs and marketing materials meet the current and future needs of the end user customers.
- Work in conjunction with the local sales team in the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan as it pertains to Public Agency/Specification planning and results.
- Prepare both regular and special salesreports, as assigned, including bimonthly reports, market share analyses, etc.
- Manage regional opportunity pipeline/scorecard. Influence and work withmarketing to ensure that the product line plans and launches achieve the desired results.
- Provide product application assistance to designers / specifiers, contractors, distributors, end-users and Rain Bird Sales Team.
- Travel within the region in support of sales efforts and industry events (travel approximately 60%).
- Possess strong strategic skill sets and ability to influence all levels within the organization.
- Eight + years of salesexperience
- Undergraduatedegree with an emphasis on Business, Engineering or Landscape Architecture.
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic and tactical thinking and detailed planning.
- Strong written, verbal, computer, and presentation skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of the landscape irrigation market or building management systems.
- Background in commercial design and/or project sales and management.
- Experiencemarketing and/or selling products through distribution.
- MBA degree is highly desirable.
- Bi-lingual – English and French.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.