Rain Bird Corporation, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years, creates innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while saving water. Rain Bird seeks a results-driven Regional Sales Manager to implement strategies for profitable product sales and market share growth in Landscape throughout their assigned region.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as, be proactive, customer-oriented, and driven to succeed in a fast paced environment. He/She will be self-motivated and enjoy independent field work that will deliver extraordinary results.
He/she will work effectively at various customer levels including dealers, contractors, consultants and government bodies, to educate, justify and successfully sell Rain Bird irrigation products.
Responsibilities may include irrigation technical training for distributors, assistance in merchandising, developing and expanding markets, etc. Be responsible for forecasting and providing input for the Landscape division on competitive information and market trends.
The person will be required to drive the sales and marketing effort of the Landscape business to develop and gain market share in a highly competitive market.
- Grow sales faster than the market growth rate and achieve sales objectives.
- Take the lead on defining strategies to grow market share in the Northeast region.
- Maintain contact and enhance relationships with major accounts in the region.
- Propose and implement sales and marketing programs to gain market share in product categories.
- Capability to become a leader demonstrated by results and successful accomplishment in the sales manager role leading to the potential for succeeding into a direct management role.
- Be responsible for managing the selection, development annual sales planning of distributors intended to grow share.
- Assist marketing in determining product needs.
- Assist marketing in field quality issues and continually support corporation in improvement of our product quality.
- Prepare regular and special sales reports as assigned including Monthly Reports, Annual Sales Plans etc. coordinate with the Regional Sales team and with the National Sales Manager.
- Maintain sales travel and promotional budgets while growing sales.
- Confer with the division managers on changes and improvements in company policy
- Lead sales initiatives and programs related to the sales team.
- Undergraduate Degree preferably in Business, Engineering or Marketing
- 8 + years previous successful sales experience
- 2years minimum previous outside sales management experience - including experience setting strategic direction for sales team.
- Driven self -starter wanting to a lead a team and grow aggressively with the Rain Bird organization.
- The successful candidate must live within the region.
- Previous experience in the Turf irrigation industry with a knowledge of turf products and applications, distributionchannels and customers, the Rain Bird organization, Rain Bird products, competitors, etc.
- Marketing Experience
- Bilingual/Speaks Spanish (desired)
Rain Bird Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.