Area Sales Manager - On Premise Wine
5 - 7 years experience • Food & Beverage
Responsible for the overall management and direction of the area Regional Managers and their respective sales teams. Works closely with the Director of Sales to manage staffing, training, and performance evaluations of the area sales teams. Is responsible for field sales promotional activities and programs, while providing direction, counsel, and guidance to the sales staff and, as directed, with key suppliers.
Works jointly with the Directors of Sales to develop, implement and monitor strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals and objectives, and regularly reports execution results against the plan
- Provides ongoing education and training to area sales teams
- Evaluates, recommends and coordinates area sales/distribution objectives by establishing sales quotas with area Regional Managers
- Prepares periodic salesreports identifying sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client-based expansion for their specific area
- Analyzes salesstatistics to formulate policy recommendations to senior executives in order to promote sales and profits
- Reviews market analysis to determine suppliers’ needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Initiates and installs procedures to promote communication and required information flow within their specific area of responsibility.
- Works closely with Spirits, Beer, Import Managers and Marketing Department to implement and review category-specific initiatives
- Minimum 5-8years superb management experience
- Progressive job experience resulting in multi-faceted responsibilities
- Proven track record of accomplishments
- Extensive fine wine, beverage, and alcohol product knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong business, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make a strong business case without “over selling”
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer literate – proficient in Microsoft office (Word & Excel)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within the territory is preferred