Coors Distributing Company (CDC) is one of the nation’s leading beer distributors based out of Denver, CO. We are the critical link between our brewery suppliers that produce the beer and the retail outlets where they are sold, as well as the restaurants and bars where they are consumed. We were founded in 1971 and became a MillerCoors LLC in 2008 as part of the joint venture between Miller Brewing Company and Coors Brewing Company, and we remain the only company owned distributor for MillerCoors. Major brand acquisitions occurred in January of 2010 making Coors Distributing Company one of the top 25 largest beer distributors in the country with over 30 suppliers, roughly 14 million cases per year, and nearly 400 employees.
In the role of Area Sales Manager working in Denver, CO you will be part of the Grocery Sales Team. This person will be accountable for managing their sales team and meeting the budget management goals, sales volume goals, safety metrics, leading field training, and the overall execution objectives for their assigned territory.
This position reports to Sr. Sales Manager and works closely with the Sales Managers and Chain Account Managers.
- Management of assigned Sales Reps and Route Relief
- Meets all established sales team objectives including budget management, sales volume, safety, training, old and close to code beer, and retail execution
- Accountable for monthly and year-end performance management and calibration processes for their teams
- Coaches employees utilizing market one on one training to analyse best business practices for their teams
- Identify and assist with escalated concerns from Retailers
- Maintain and establish professional customer relationships
- Assure quality of product, service and customer rapport through supervision of team and personal auditing in the trade to increase market distribution and sales
- Ensure quality standards are enforced through assigned monthly quality audits
The Other Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of sales management experience, including leading teams of sales employees
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred
- You are knowledgeable in sales and marketing concepts used in the beverage industry
- Ability to interpret and analyze sales data to influence retailers and customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of the organization as well as with retailers, consumers, and suppliers
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must have a valid driver's license and MVR must fall within MolsonCoors Pre-Employment Background Screening Guidelines