What We Offer
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Area Sales Manager will manage sales of new home construction. The position will develop and aid the sales team to achieve division and corporate objectives, qualify and manage leads and customer requests for new homes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Visits competitor communities to gather market data and intelligence (e.g. pricing, product specifications, release and sales information, incentives, lot premiums, options, etc.)
- Works with outside consultants to conduct thorough market research in Division trading area to keep current on market conditions and opportunities.
- Works with Director or VP of Sales, develops sales strategy for division and manages execution of all sales plans.
- Actively monitors potential future personnel hire by visiting competitors’ sales offices on a periodic basis, formally tracking high-potential candidates and recruiting candidates when openings arise.
- Interviews and hires sales representatives and sales assistants to produce best in-class sales force.
- Responsible for the individual and group/team recognition of the NHC and sales team including sales contests. This position is responsible for developing sales contests to motivate the team.
- Ensures job expectations and periodic performance goals are clearly understood by each team member. Responsible for holding the sales team as a whole and individually accountable for meeting the division’s sales goals. We believe you must “Inspect what you expect.” The New Home Counselor is monitored on a weekly basis by their one-on-one meetings with their Director or VP of Sales and Area Sales Manager in a planned encounter.
- Owns the CRM process and ensures engagement of sales team with use of the program.
- Coaches sales employees via instruction, role playing and interactive discussion, both formally and informally using the Company’s established performance appraisal process.
- Recognizes and supports top performers keeping them challenged, engaged, and committed through acknowledgement of their successes.
- Proactively monitors and engages poor performers to develop weaker areas and understand when future coaching will not yield the necessary results.
- Responsible to effectively and efficiently manage all Purchase Agreements and related documents, including signatory responsibilities, from point of sale through to closing, to ensure accuracy and conformance to Mattamy’s sales policies.
- Works with Director of Sales to ensure inventory levels are adequate to meet sales objectives, and that price points are fair, realistic and profitable.
- Represents the company in various industry, civic and other public relations endeavors.
- Works with the Director of Sales to develop sales goals for each fiscal year, including updates through monthly sales forecasts.
- Continually assesses opportunities for lot and location premiums prior to initial sale date and during entire sell out of [phase] community.
- Continually monitors opportunities to adjust sales prices at a pace that provides the right balance between maximizing profit while maintaining acceptable sales velocities.
- Reviews and analyzes reports relative to actual costs compared to budget to identify and assist in correcting cost overruns; meets with appropriate individuals to monitor and track costs to avoid overruns.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or minimum equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5 years new home sales experience required
- Minimum of 2 years Management experience required, with focus on sales coaching and training preferred
- Active state Real Estate License Required
- Valid Drivers License required
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, CRM and other systems
- Business minded sales professional that is knowledgeable and understands establishing and achieving sales goals and budgets
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills,
- Adept at building trusting, professional relationships with prospective homebuyers in order to procure sales
- High energy, outgoing, professional demeanor
- Excellent Communication (written and verbal) skills