Job ID: LAB000157
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visit www.pall.com/green.
Location: Area Sales Manager will be located in Boston, MA, covering Eastern MA,
As the Area Sales Manager (ASM) you will be responsible for the attainment of sales goals within his/her assigned geography. Through the establishment of a strong positive working relationship with the distributor field sales representatives and end users, the ASM directs and motivates the distributor sales organization to identify and develop new customers. The ASM develops and implements a plan to close and grow new sales opportunities within the assigned geography on an ongoing basis.
The Area Sales Manager makes sales presentations and technical product demonstrations directly to key decision makers and end users. As the main field sales contact for the distributor the ASM ensures that the distribution channel representatives are informed and trained to support the needs of customers. As a field sales representative for the company, the Area Sales Manager directs and coordinates such activities as tabletop shows, territory-specific promotions, lead follow up, and special price quotations within the assigned geography with our inside sales support team. The Area Sales Manager must manage such company assets as personal computers, other equipment and company proprietary information in a responsible manner. The ASM must submit expense reports in a timely manner and provide monthly activity reports to management. Such reports may include feedback regarding new business opportunities, market intelligence and other sales development issues as requested.
- Achieve or exceed the sales goals established by the company for the assigned geography.
- Attain or exceed the business objectives related to specific existing accounts, development of new accounts, and penetration of targeted market segments or introduction of new products as directed by company management.
- Document all sales activities including customer communications and sales development updates by entering such information in the company Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database on a daily/weekly basis.
- Follow up on high value sales leads in a prompt manner making sure to document all actions and communications in the company CRM database.
- With the assistance and in coordination with Corporate Communications and Marketing personnel, develop and implement a territory promotions plan that leads to the attainment of sales and market share growth for the assigned geography.
- Coordinate (and sometimes participate in) sales meetings, trade shows and training seminars as requested by distributors and/or company management.
- Conduct and/or assist in technical product demonstrations and trials to end users or distributors as requested by distributors’ representatives, or company management.
- Submit special price quotation requests for new high value opportunities to support distributor’s selling efforts making sure that all required information is included in the request and that company procedures are followed.
- Manage quote expiration dates and make sure that all price quotations that are vital to the continued growth of our business are renewed in a timely manner with the support of our inside salessupport team.
- Under the direction of the Regional Sales Manager, develop sales and routing plan for assigned sales geography.
- Submit regular reports on sales progress, key account activity and general business analysis for the assigned geography to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Develops and continuously improves business relationships with field sales and management representatives from Distribution and otherchannel partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5years of salesexperience in industry ( Life Sciences / Research / Biopharma / Biotech)
- 25% Travel
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Science or Business