Imerys, global leader in mining and minerals processing, is hiring an Area Sales Manager to lead, develop and manage the sales staff to reach commercial growth objectives for the Infrastructure market segment in the North & Latin American regions. The infrastructure segment includes applications for lining wastewater systems, concrete and mortar in heavy industrial settings; mining applications for corrosion, bolting and other uses; tunnel durability, and concrete for pavement/roadways.
Location: Home Based (Baltimore or Chicago area)
1. Management of commercial team to reach objectives
- Lead sales team (including but not limited to motivation, providing directions, regular feedback, conflict management)
- Perform regular performance dialogues and coaching routines with members of the commercial team
- Manage sales teams in terms of recruitment, training, development, performance and career development
- Constantly assess and address potential skills gap and oversee up-skilling of the commercial team
2. Commercial plan building
- Participate with account managers' inputs to the building of the annual sales plan/ budget forecast and mid-term plan for his/ her perimeter
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly
- Execute the commercial roadmaps developed for their segment or products or geography and liaise with marketing teams for all this
- Develop Communication Plan with MARCOM and supervise the realization of communication activities for the area.
3. Commercial plan execution and monitoring
- Coordinate effectiveness of sales and development strategies including ensuring appropriate analysis and action plans are in place
- Ensure business routines are applied for servicing existing customer base at (or surpassing) expectations and developing new growth opportunities in each circuit and market segment.
- Work with the legal department to prepare the contract. Ensure contract follow up.
- In the context of an ambitious growth strategy, animate Sales Team and track progress vs CRM and Segment KPI
4. Execution: account management
- Ensure a specific management of large accounts with nationwide or world presence, in collaboration with Area Managers of other regions
- Perform account management duties including, (but not limited to) negotiating short term and long term contract, administering sales contract and ensuring terms and conditions are adhered to, resolution and communication of customer complaints (in coordination with Customer Service)
- Identify growth/ profitability improvement opportunities (using CRM opportunity management functionality) and advance the relationships with customers in order to fully capture them
- Introduce new products and new solutions to the customers
- Apply the pricing policy for the assigned accounts
- Establish and nurture relationship with assigned customers (management, purchasing, R&D, job site technical support)
- Ensure that any warranty that may be offered is in full compliance with company policy to manage IMERYS liability exposure; ensure that general conditions sales, when not those proposed by IMERYS, are compliant with our own policy.
- Engineering related experience in the Construction & Infrastructure field
- Minimum 7 years' experience in a similar role leading a sales team
- Willingness to travel (60%)