Mount Pleasant, PA
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
8 - 10 years
Posted 64 days ago
ABB is seeking Area Sales Manager - Capacitors for its Mount Pleasant, PA location, supporting the Northeast Region. The Area Sales Manager provides internal and external technical expertise and counsel relating to High Voltage Components products. It also includes participating in sales programs to sell products and services and providing customers with engineering expertise relative to specific product lines. Manage a designated territory planning and communications efforts directed at increasing sales of High Voltage Components products and improving services. Direct the implementation of marketing strategies designed to maximize profit margins and ensure customer satisfaction.
Typical duties/responsibilities for marketing may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop goals and objectives for the group, and plan, schedule and assign work.
• Direct market research studies and related analyses involving sales, trends and market potential of products.
• Direct the evaluation of new or improved products and new business opportunities.
• Assist Front End Sales, Engineering, and other organizations in developing and implementing strategies to capture additional sales and market share and increase profits.
• Provide advice and counsel to management regarding various marketing efforts.
• Manage the development and implementation of marketing communications and advertising plans that clearly identify the Company's products, services, image, and other factors to improve sales and the Company's reputation.
• Develop strategic profiles of key and potential competitors, and forecast markets, business volume and market share.
• Provide marketing support for corporate strategic planning.
• Promote training of staff and provide guidance, direction, and fair and equitable treatment. Manage and document employee performance and implement responsive actions.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, marketing or related field and 8+ years of experience; OR Associate's/technical diploma and 10+years experience; OR HS Diploma/GED and 10+ years' experience
Alternatively, this position may be filled at a more senior level for the successful candidate meeting these basic qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, marketing or related field and 10+ years of experience; OR Associate's/technical diploma and 12+ years experience; OR HS Diploma/GED and 15+ years' experience
• Power Quality Knowledge; strong technical knowledge
• Previous experience in Utilities
• Previous experience with HV Components
• Able to manage and lead a group performing diverse and complex marketing functions.
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB