Altra Industrial Motion is currently seeking an experienced Area Sales Manager to cover our Upstate New York territory consisting primarily of Rochester, Syracuse and Albany. Residing in Rochester or Syracuse would be ideal with Rochester being preferred.
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for the marketing of Company products including sales, forecasting, holding of meetings, application assistance for the selection of products to be sold, dissemination and obtaining of information in the designate area(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages distribution for Company products by training distributors in the sale and application of the Company’s products and making joint calls on prospect/customers with the distributor.
2. Calls on management representatives such as engineers, or other professional and technical personnel at commercial, industrial, and other establishments and attempts to convince prospective client of desirability and practicability of products or Company services offered.
3. Provides technical information to clients relating to size and selection of product, use, operation, and trouble-shooting of problems.
4. Provides application assistance to client with Company facility or plant when complexity exists, provide liaison with engineering personnel.
5. Conducts customer training and local seminars.
6. Communicates with prospective customers and direct accounts through personal interviews, meetings, written correspondence, telephone and fax to ascertain their needs for fulfillment with Company capabilities to insure profitable sales growth.
7. Staffs and attends local trade shows and distributor open houses as required to generate sales or find new prospects.
8. Ability to utilize CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software.
9. Prepares an annual Territory Business Plan and Budget and a sales forecast for assigned territory or accounts.
10. Insures that all commitments to prospective customers and direct accounts are met to the best of the Company's capability.
Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing) or Engineering from a four-year college or university, or equivalent. Mechanical Engineering background is preferred.
Minimum of 5 years field experience with a demonstrated strong mechanical and technical background as well as 5 years of related experience and/or training and/or prior experience in Industrial Power Transmission.
Not more than 25% overnight on average
Altra Industrial Motion is an E/O/E