The Avaya Professional Services (APS) Sales team is looking for an experienced “change agent” sales leader to join us as the Managing Director of Federal APS Sales. In this role, you will be in a leadership position responsible for the sales of professional services ranging from Contact Center and Unified Communications deployment through AI, Low Code and Custom Agile Applications. Your technical knowledge, consulting expertise and experience in CX and UX will be critical to your success in this role. You'll lead a team of Client Principals and APS Solutions sales experts to deliver exceptional bookings growth in the USA. In addition, you will have a critical role in devising the next generation of professional services and emerging technologies to meet market needs. Close working with partners and vendors to understand their capabilities and expand the organization’s consulting portfolio and API ecosystem. You will establish a successful go-to-market strategy and strong business relationships, positioning Avaya as prime provider of solutions.
Primary job responsibilities
• Drive and develop a direct sales specialist organization that leads the professional services and custom applications sales for Avaya to our Federal customers.
• Overachieve on quarterly bookings, revenue and margin for US Federal sales.
• Build and launch campaigns and tools with the Avaya teams to drive future pipeline.
• Evangelize and personify a consulting led business outcome approach to sales.
• Provide mentorship across the team and wider Avaya to ensure accelerated development.
• Cultivate a continual sense of urgency, curiosity and confidence in your team.
• Experience of CPaaS, Microservices, Agile and HPaaS/Low Code is highly advantageous.
• Expertise in Contact Center technologies is essential.
• Experience of Agile and Customer Journey Mapping will be an advantage.
• 10 years of exceptional experience managing enterprise sales, professional services, business partners and sales support operations for a communications or software company.
• Evidenced history of bookings, revenue and margin success over your last five years.
• A track record of leading overachieving sales teams.
• Industry knowledge that will underpin sales of Unified Communications, Contact Center/Customer Experience, AI, NLP, IoT and Agile Custom Applications.
• Managing Director level gravitas to support C level relationship building.
• Big picture thinking on emerging products and technologies.
12+ Years of Experience
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience