Summary of the position:
The Area Sales Engineer is responsible to direct, support and oversee all aspects of Sullair's Sales Growth Strategy to increase and grow sales, profit and exceed annual sales and territory objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day sales activities, pipelines, distributor/channel partner and manufacturer representatives concerns, work with management team to negotiate and approve all sales agreements, ensure account profitability, manage customer complaints and issues.
- Create and implement strategies to exceed sales objective for the territory.
- Manage territory to budgeted resources.
- Provide sales support to distributors/channel partners and manufacturer representatives.
- Drive performance of INDIRECT distributors, channel and manufacturer representatives to meet or exceed program and territory metrics, goals and objectives.
- Expand relationships and identify opportunities with current and new distributors/channel partners to aggressively grow sales volume.
- Communicate and implement marketing programs & product updates with indirect distributors/channel partners and sales team.
- Become a trusted consultant and product expert to indirect distributors/channel partners and sales team.
- Develop and execute a business/sales plan to exceed the assigned sales and revenue targets.
- Maintain regular communication with Sales Management and Product Management.
- Ensure all environmental, ethical, and company policies are met and provide intervention in the event of a compliance issue.
- Perform necessary duties to exceed client and distributor/channel partner expectations.
- Communicate market trends, product ideas and competitive intelligence to sales and product marketing.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent is preferred.
- 5-7 years of Business-to-Business Sales Leadership experience with a track record of achieving sales objectives by leading and motivating distributor network and sales team.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and growing market territory.
- Oil Free experience in centrifugal and dry screw technology a must.
- Strong background in channel/distributor account management and development (revenue based with distributor relationships)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Exceptional presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of the organizations, including both internal and external customers.
- Territory: Field – Kansas City, Kansas area. Accustomed to frequent travel (Approximately 60%) and overnight stays.
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace. This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion. Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.