The Area Sales Director (Hospice Georgia) is a senior level leader in the LHC Group Hospice Service Line and is responsible for executing the sales strategy to increase company market share through account development and educating the medical community on services provided by the company while operating within set budget. This leader will be responsible for the business sales for the state of Georgia.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. More than 60 leading hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Achievement of annual location admit and census budgets.
- Successfully executes a weekly, monthly, and quarterly strategy to increase market share through key account development including prospecting|diversification and call frequency|routing. Plans activity to maximize territory coverage of both existing and prospective accounts.
- Responsible for executing effective sales calls that identify and meet the needs of the referral community and clearly communicate the features and benefits of the LHC Group. These include pre and post call planning, establishing rapport, effective questioning skills, proposing solutions, handling objections and closing.
- Works closely with the Executive Directors to drive a vision of growth by focusing every team member on the needs and expectations of the referral community and patients.
- Responsible for all sales administration duties including, but not limited to, CRM compliance, expense reports, payroll time sheets, medical director time sheets, strategic territory planner, PTO requests, paperwork (485) delivery or pick-up when needed, and e-mail correspondence.
- Responsible for being a good steward of the company's financial resources by projecting a return on monies spent and managing to a marketing expense budget of 5%.
- Knows the features and benefits of the services provided by LHC Group. Is able to articulate competitive advantages, specialty programs, and Medicare guidelines. Educates the medical community about the services of our organization through effective sales calls and in-services with the appropriate tools and literature.
- Provide leadership and accountability by coaching, developing and retaining a high performing sales team.
- Demonstrate consistency in achieving both admit and census goals by monitoring and assessing the progress and development of each Account Executive/Territory. Prompt attention and action to any gap in performance to budgeted expectations and barriers related to these gaps.
- Compile, communicate and execute best practices in the field. Help develop new ideas, protocols and efficiencies for maximizing marketing resources to grow market share.
- Develop a collaborative partnership with the Operation Leadership team. Create and support a shared vision for growth between Sales and Operations.
- Any other tasks that are assigned.
- Formal Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 3 years
- Two to three years of prior successful Home Health or Hospice sales experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and relationship-building skills preferred.
- Must have strong computer skills to meet Microsoft Outlook and CRM software requirements.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be self motivated.
- Demonstrates the ability to coach and develop Account Executives, and communicates effectively with branch and clinical staff to foster a growth environment.