The Area Sales Director is responsible for leading a regions sales team of highly skilled, seasoned sales individuals. The ASD will map the course, develop the vision and implement annual plans and is accountable for delivering measurable results that achieves and exceeds revenue and margin targets.
- Act as the front line manager to recruit the direct sales management team and ensure, in turn, that these managers effectively recruit, hire, develop, and manage a tiered sales team
- Accurately manage, inspect and report in a predictable manner on all aspects of pipeline development and forecasts for the region
- Split time 50/50 between managing a team and customer interfacing calls
- Works closely with new as well as established channel partners to generate new business opportunities
- Develop go to market plan for specific region
- Lead negotiations for large complex deals
- Work closely with leadership for other functions such as Sales Engineering, Channel, finance, legal, R&D and marketing to ensure efficient alignment to regional activities and to enable optimum sales performance
- Direct sales responsibility for accounts in region and attain revenue goal for new product sales.
- Initiate, establish and maintain contact with team members, prospects, clients, and partners within assigned territory
- Develop recommendations for growth, opportunities for growth, and key target accounts in the assigned territory
- Develop and maintain a complete knowledge of Tenable’s products
What you'll need:
- 10+ years of Director-level management experience of direct reports in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
- Min 6 years experience selling Security Products: Vulnerability Management, Continuous Monitoring, IDS/IPS, SIEM, DLP, Compliance, Encryption, access Management, Authentication, etc.
- Strong knowledge and understanding on how to sell multi-product software solutions
- Minimum of 8+ years in quota carrying sales role with demonstrated success
- Extensive experience negotiating large complex deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
- Proven track record working withchannel and technology partners to build strategic and cooperative sales campaigns together
- History of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Sales Engineers, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded
- Reference-able domain expertise of the Central US Region, accounts, decision makers and channel partners