$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Provide Geography HSE support to the Buildings and Infrastructure Americas business (BIA) within New England. Serves as a business partner working with Regional HSE Director and Senior HSE Managers and operations counterparts in leading HSE excellence and supporting strategic direction, management, people development and HSE program development and implementation specific to New England. Support BeyondZero performance that is inclusive of the BIA business vision and strategic plans. Travel is essential and requested as needed to be successful in this role.
• Take personal ownership and responsibility for protecting people from harm and for developing strategies that drive performance and support continuous improvement.
• Maintain communication with the Sr. HSE Manager and Regional HSE Director to provide technical resource guidance, and to ensure consistent implementation of HSE process tools that support Regional HSE strategic plans and objectives.
• Support the HSE staff and Operations counterparts to implement the Regional HSE business plan and to monitor performance.
• Own and maintain open communication with the Geographic Manager and other Operations Leaders to provide guidance, technical resources, and to ensure alignment and to assure consistent implementation of HSE process tools that support BIA HSE strategic plans and objectives.
• Participates in New England HSE business plan development and monitors performance for effective implementation. Drives consistency in implementation of the HSE Program.
• Establish working relationship with operations, HSE, sales, procurement, risk management and support Jacobs HSE processes across Geography, projects and offices.
• Perform HSE audits and site inspections relative to the Geography's' needs.
• Supports specific HSE initiatives to drive BeyondZero performance.
• Engages in supporting HSE policy and procedure development for implementation specific to Geographic needs.
• Delivers HSE training and ensures HSE training requirements are met.
• Develops HSE reports and communications to disseminate incidents, lessons learned and best practices.
• Science degree – bachelor degree in safety or other related field preferred; or advanced technical training in a related field; or equivalent education and experience.
• Professional designation (i.e. CHST, OHST, ASP or CSP) meeting qualifications of a national or international certifying agency; or actively pursuing such designation is preferred
• At least 7 years of experience including supervisory experience at a site-specific level and/or managing multiple projects is required
• Advanced technical training and/or advanced HSE certification with bachelor degree in HSE related field preferred
• Experience with all facets of safety programs in a construction and industrial environment, including planning, training, implementation, monitoring, certification, and OSHA compliance preferred.
• Jacobs HSE policies, procedures and management system is preferred
• Planning tools and techniques
• Training programs and requirements
• Auditing processes and protocols
• HSE Legislation and Regulations
• Corporate incident reporting requirements and accident investigation techniques
• Risk management concepts and practices including claims management
• Subcontractor prequalification process
Valid Through: 2019-10-17