$200K — $250K *
Our Jersey City branch is in search for an experienced freight forwarding professional to join the Road Logistics team!
The position is responsible for bottom line performance, designing and delivering a development plan for the Area Road Logistics Team to include the expansion of existing products, launching of new products, and overall substantial growth across the region.
• Develop and execute against business strategy
• Contribute as a member of the Area leadership team
• Align department goals to overall business plans
• Grow business across platforms
• Ownership of P&L performance
• Recruit, select, manage, train, and develop team members
• Forecast and deliver short term and long term strategies, goals, and results
• Support branch managers and other local department managers to ensure business strategy is executed
• Provide value propositions to clients/accounts
• Maintain quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems, and recommending system improvements
• Accomplish department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities
• Ensure a safe, secure, and legal work environment
• Develop personal growth opportunities
• Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
• Coach, counsel, and discipline employees
• Develop, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
• Define objectives, identify and evaluate trends and options, choose a course of action, and evaluate outcomes
• Bachelor degree in Business or equivalent experience
• 10-15 years Logistics experence
• 2-5 years Management/ leadership experence
• MS Office
• Thorough knowledge of LTL shipping including carriers, freight classification, and customers
• Familiarity with FTL markets and customers including dry van, temp control, and intermodal
• Understanding of pharma and health care transportation requirements
• Knowledge and experience with other key verticals, FMCG, High Tech, Industrial, and Automotive
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 78,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
Valid through: 3/8/2021