Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
The Area RN Cardiopulmonary Specialty Director will direct management of multiple Specialty locations across a geographic area(s). Oversee/guide the activities of assigned specialty leaders/SMEs. Ensure the provision of services consistent with government laws/regulations, corporate policies/guidelines/standards. Collaborate on developing annual specialty and business plans and budgets.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Drives Specialty program oversight and growth through location Team Lead (TL)/Subject Matter Expert (SME) and close collaboration with area, local and regional leaders. Mentors and monitors specialty-focused, clinical lead behaviors of the location TL/SME.
- Collaborates closely with local area leaders to recruit, interview and hire qualified TL/SME and clinical staff. Supports performance reviews and counseling sessions to enhance evidence-aligned, clinical behaviors.
- Reviews specialty-focused data, provides formalized, timely feedback specific to TL/SME, clinical teams & prioritize follow-up/mentor strategies to optimize team performance
- Interfaces seamlessly among National Specialties, Region, Area and Local Clinical Operations team to ensure timely information flow, enhance knowledge sharing, learning and specialty specific quality improvement.
- Mentors and monitors TL/SME specific to weekly oversight, lead measures and proactive planning (e.g.: skills practice/validation labs/ride-alongs, MCP collaboration toward clinical/case conference discussions, on-going professional growth via clinician ride-alongs, on-going labs/clinical updates, specialty-specific record reviews, etc.)
- Collaborates closely with TL/SME to monitor branch and patient specific specialty intervention delivery/clinical outcomes via electronic record reviews.
- Expands/deepens ongoing clinical knowledge through internal/external learning, translates knowledge, outlines evidence-based direction to TL/SME, clinical staff, reinforces Specialties' practices and fosters clinical/professional growth.
- Ensures compliance with standards/company policies/procedures and external regulatory requirements. Ensures that clinical associate documentation meets these requirements. Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Performs all duties inherent in a leader/managerial role.
- Adheres to and participates in Company's mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices.
- Travel expectations up to 75%.
- Collaborates closely with local/area to participate in specialty-focused PI activities as indicated.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited program plus a minimum of eight years clinical experience.
- Must have strong cardiopulmonary background, knowledgeable of vasoactive medications, infusions skills, LVADs, ventilators.
- Ability to teach health behavior changes to clinicians and patients.
- Prior experience managing clinicians in multi-site service locations.
- Current unrestricted licensure to practice as a RN required in at least one state they are supporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills also required.
- Knowledge of home health agency regulations/administration strongly preferred.
- Excellent organization, problem solving, decision making, leadership, presentation and communication skills are necessary for optimal role-fulfillment and therefore strongly preferred.
- Current CPR certification also required.
- Successful completion of Company required pre-employment competency testing and health clearance prior to assignment and periodically as required by Company policy and state regulations.