Industry: Energy & Utilities•
5 - 7 years
Posted 55 days ago
We are seeking an Area Manager, Purchasing and Stores. The Area Manager will support our Packaging Plants in Madera, Modesto, San Leandro and Buena Park, CA and Olympia, WA and Salina, Yuma and Nogales Produce Yards as a part of our Strategic Sourcing group, the Manager, Purchasing and Stores reports to the corporate office in Atlanta, Georgia. This position will implement and manage local procurement, storeroom operations with the potential to supervise personnel. The individual must be self-directed, work with a high sense of urgency and possess the ability to solve problems and collaborate with other disciplines to meet the needs of the Operation. They may also be asked to participate on centralized sourcing teams, special projects, and contract negotiations.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Sourcing, purchasing, negotiating and managing inventory of raw materials, equipment, MRO, services and supplies from external vendors.
• Streamlining and implementing sustainable procurement processes at each location.
• Working with requestors to understand requirements, specifications, services, and timing.
• Managing appropriately and implanting the use of national, regional, and local contract agreements for goods and services.
• Identify and analyze opportunities to competitively bid local spend to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership.
• Optimizes working capital and on hand inventory levels.
• Works with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with procurement and business unit goals to deliver long term value.
• Looks to drive value creation through innovation.
• Supervising storeroom personnel.
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams at the facility and headquarters to implement corporate initiatives.
• Ensuring compliance with all safety, purchasing, fiduciary, stores and environmental policies and procedures.
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of procurement or supply chain experience
• Minimum of 2 years of business related experience
• Experienced with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, & Outlook
• Willing and able to travel 25-50%
What Will Put You Ahead?
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Finance degree.
• Inventory or store room management experience.
• Experience negotiating with local, regional or national contracts.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience with an inventory management computer system.
• 5 years of experience in the manufacturing industry.
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.