For nearly 75 years, the USO has been the nation’s leading organization to serve the men and women in the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join, through their assignments and deployments, and as they transition back to their communities, the USO is always by their side.
Today’s USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women in uniform and their families, so they can focus on their very important mission. We operate USO centers at or near military installations across the United States and throughout the world, including in combat zones, and even un-staffed USO service sites in places too dangerous for anyone but combat troops to occupy.
The Area Programs Manager is responsible for management, operation and delivery of programs and services at multiple USO centers within an assigned geographic area or region.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties):
- Supervise and manage the planning, delivery and evaluation of area-wide USO programs, activities and events. Develop, document and maintain standard operating procedures, Program Kits, and program reference manuals.
- Lead periodic review of USO program and service needs within assigned area. Research and recommend new programs, activities and events based on results. Oversee and manage implementation of suggested and/or required changes.*
- In cooperation with and as requested by Area Director and/or Area Operations Manager, develop, improve and maintain working relationships with US Military, local business, and community leadership to support procurement and growth of financial and other in-kind resources necessary for area operations.*
- Participate in the planning process and execution of special fundraising and/or holiday and recognition events within assigned area. Develop area-wide public awareness plans that support sustainable growth of sponsorship and other fundraising.*
- Coordinate with area media outlets including but not limited to online, print and broadcast, informing and ensuring appropriate coverage of programs and events.*
- Prepare, review and present reports, including but not limited to financial and after-action reports.
- May lead, manage and mentor Programs support staff and/or volunteers. Perform assigned duties in the absence of Area Operations Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- 7+ years progressively responsible work experience in a business operations role, including 3+ years in a supervisory capacity. Relevant experience in a not-for-profit, military, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-performing teams. Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to interact with USO Leadership, the general public and military audiences at a variety of levels with integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Working knowledge of basic business and accounting functions including project management and budgeting.
- Demonstrated initiative/self-motivation, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. Working knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA status, valid driver’s license.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission.
- Preference will be given to local candidates within commuting distance to the location.
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
- Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.