The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $26 billion in revenue and is the 5th largest food and beverage company in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream – it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
It's a Question of Taste
Do more, be more. Whatever your aspirations, experience something exceptional at Kraft Heinz. We'll give you the freedom to determine your own direction and deliver in your own style. Outperform our expectations and you'll move forward faster than you ever thought possible. Come ready to dream. Come eager to grow.
Get a taste of what your career could be at kraftheinzcompany.com/careers.
The Area Production Manager assists with the supervision of the planning, organizing and directing of production activities and employee placement/training/development to cost effectively produce a high quality finished product. Responsible for coordinating all activities within assigned area of the plant, including manage multiple Production Supervisors. Held accountable for all financial, safety, quality, and regulatory matters in assigned area of the plant. The incumbent will ensure all food preparation and packaging is compliant to the guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety regulations.
- Participate in the QRMP audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Oversee and lead the implementation of the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list.
- Adhere to Heinz quality standards to ensure product quality and food safety by following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and Heinz specifications.
- Prepare departmental costs and variances regarding productivity, short and long-range planning, labor scheduling, product scheduling, raw materials, packaging supplies, product weights, sanitation and housekeeping.
- Organize and facilitate production line activities to ensure conformance to establish requirements regarding quality, safety, employee- relations, productivity and cost scheduled volume outputs.
- Work with Product Development, Suppliers, Engineering, Quality, and Factory Employees in finding innovative ways to improve the quality and productivity of our product.
- Support employee involvement in Safety, Analytical Problem Solving, Project Planning, Vendor and Customer Relations, and fostering a Team atmosphere.
- Monitor and update all area practices and policies for compliance.
- Work with Product Supply Group in weekly scheduling of the Packaging and Processing Area to optimize productivity.
- Prepare, distribute, and follow-up regarding all established records, reports and/or forms.
- Ensure effective communication across functions and with employees, vendors, and government regulators.
- Monitor productivity data and help develop corrective action plans necessary to achieve annual productivity improvements.
- Implement safety measures for accident prevention through monthly departmental safety meetings and working with salaried supervisors to ensure hourly employee compliance.
- Report on quality defect issues and help determine necessary corrective actions to eliminate repetitive failures.
- Manage operations to achieve daily efficiencies in keeping up with established standards.
- Manage budget of assigned department, in accordance with annual productivity improvement targets.
- Suggesting new solutions to production problems and ways to improve the efficiency of an operation.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces policies and safety regulations.
- Assist and partner with business leaders on implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean/Heinz Global Production System (HGPS)), including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation.
- Oversee development of high performing work teams within department through coaching, training and engaging team members through effective cascading of goals, visual performance boards and ongoing communications of factory changes and performance.
- Embrace the HGPS principles necessary to accomplish these objectives and support the change management techniques to develop the culture of continuous improvement and engagement.
- Assist with the supervision of the Production staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Food Technology, or related field, or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory and managerial experience (preferably in a food-manufacturing environment).
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, production line, and equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of State and Federal rules/regulations such as EEO, OSHA, FDA, USDA.
- Must have a good understanding of manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Exposure to food processing systems, including high speed production lines.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity