Area Procurement ManagerI. Job Summary
Our ideal candidate will have experience in directing and overseeing purchasing functions; development of policies related to the procurement of fleet and operation support goods and services. The Area Procurement Manager will receive and grant approval for purchases of goods or services. Additionally, this role will analyze changes or new issues in materials and supply to reduce costs and improve quality. Must be skilled in managing the procurement staff and reporting to Corporate Procurement. I'm this leadership role you will maintain quality communications & working relationships with Maintenance, Operations, and Suppliers.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Supervises & directs all procurement processes & procedures at the Area Level.
- Supervises Daily Activities of Area procurement Staff.
- Assigns work processes to Area procurement staff.
- Leads the implementation of company procurement policies and procedures, programs and best practices for procurement of fleet and operations supplies, equipment and repairs.
- Responsible for utilization of corporate procurement agreements and preferred suppliers.
- Works with Area Managers in analysis and optimization of inventory levels of authority.
- Leads the area procurement staff in developing regional or local sources of supply that meet current and future value requirements.
- Monitors appropriate spending, authorizes expenditures and adheres to levels of authority.
- May lead more complex or larger spend sourcing efforts
- Provides sourcing process expertise to area procurement staff on preparation and analysis of complex RFX and all other phases of strategic sourcing.
- Monitors and leads compliance with all procurement programs and diversity initiatives.
- Makes recommendations to Area management for standardization and cost savings.
- Assists MA Fleet Manager with reporting and forecasting area spending.
- Actively participates in Capital Expenditure procurement utilizing company purchasing system.
- Coordinates and facilitates surplus asset/equipment sales.
- Participates in budget process.
- Manages and maintains Area supplier relationships.
- Trains and mentors staff as required.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 1 full-time employee.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years of relative work experience (in addition to education requirement).