$80K — $100K *
Pixelle Specialty Solutions™ is the largest specialty paper company in North America, with fully integrated pulp and paper operations in Chillicothe, Ohio, Jay, Maine, Spring Grove, Pennsylvania, Stevens Point, Wisconsin and a coating operation in Fremont, Ohio. Supported by an experienced product development team, Pixelle excels in designing customized solutions that help customers bring new products to market. With a long history of leadership in the paper industry, Pixelle delivers the most comprehensive portfolio of specialty papers to help you meet today’s challenging demands.
In this role, the qualified candidate will manage and supervise all activities in and around the assigned area of responsibility and, also support the remaining areas in the department.
The Utilities Department consists of one (1) waste fuel power boiler that fires wood waste and tire-derived fuel, two (2) natural gas fired power boilers, two (2) natural gas fired package boilers, one (1) black liquor recovery boiler, one (1) multiple effect black liquor evaporator set, three (3) steam driven turbine generators, the mill’s compressed air system, and water and wastewater treatment plants.
· To ensure that all appropriate safety policies and procedures are in full compliance;
· Responsible for setting priorities with maintenance supervision on daily and long-term basis;
· Responsible for the development and the management of the area budget;
· This position does not have direct supervision of the hourly workforce; however, will be involved in performance management of the hourly workforce;
· Responsible for training and qualifying area personnel assigned to the equipment;
· Main contact for any/all engineering, maintenance, process control, and technical service projects in the area, including successful completion of capital improvement projects;
· Responsible to take a leading role in annual maintenance outages;
· Required to support weekend duty rotation for the Utilities area.
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline; OR an equivalent amount of industrial experience;
· Three to five (3-5) years’ experience in an industrial facility, preferably with Utilities or Pulp and Paper experience;
· Two (2) years’ experience as a front-line supervisor in an industrial work setting;
· Industrial experience with water/wastewater treatment, and boiler or turbine operation is preferred;
· Experience with continuous improvement methodologies is strongly preferred;
· Must demonstrate proactive skills in problem identification and developing solutions;
· Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, and demonstrate ability to organize a team to accomplish larger projects;
· Must actively support other areas of the Utilities operation and at times contribute to mill-wide initiatives;
· Must be highly self-motivated, with solid communication skills;
· Strong computer skills are required. Experience in MS Office, SAP, and PI/Process Book is preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Valid through: 12/14/2020
$250K — $475K