The Fiber Area Manager is responsible for the overall leadership of the fiber area at the paper mill. Extensive knowledge of the digester, brownstock washing and recaust processes is required. This position will report to the Business Unit Manager, Fiber & Recovery.
- Promote and support an everyday safety-first culture
- Ensure the fiber department operates within all environmental permits for the mill
- Lead by example and ensure acceptable work practices are being followed
- Enforce company policies and procedures while maintaining a supportive work environment
- Provide leadership to troubleshoot operating issues in chips, recaust, and kamyr areas
- Manage the fiber salaried staff including OMC, Process Manager, and Process Engineer
- Overall responsibility for fiber hourly employees
- Ensure reliability plans for major area equipment rebuilds are met
- Develop and support area capital planning to allow the department to meet its reliability and cost reduction targets.
- Assist with developing yearly budget for the fiber operating department.
- Keep reliable methods and training materials up to date for the fiber area
- Drive training and development for hourly and salaried individuals in fiber
- Drive 5S activities
Key Knowledge and Experience Required
- BS Degree in Engineering required
- Minimum 5 years related experience in Pulp & Paper
- Must have fiber area experience in a paper mill.
- Must have digester experience.
- Strong commitment to safety in all aspects of business operations
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills and ability to motivate others
- Technical problem solving skills
- Ability to manage teams and projects