Description: Leads the planning, development and implementation of Area strategic initiatives in Pharmacy Operations. Areas of responsibility include quality, utilization, finance, day-to-day operations, service, and human resources for Pharmacy Operations. Integrates those activities with California pharmacy strategic initiatives and goals, as well as general Area operations. Develops strong collaborative leadership relationship with KFHP/H leadership teams and the Medical Group to achieve regional and California goals. Participates with peers to ensure the rapid transfer of best practices.
- Leads planning, development and implementation of Area Pharmacy Operations, both inpatient and outpatient.
- Supports and directs the implementation of California pharmacy strategic initiatives and goals.
- Partners with medical staff and other care providers to ensure the delivery of high quality, cost effective pharmaceutical care.
- Provides ongoing leadership and direction to enhance member service.
- Provides leadership and direction to the Area pharmacy personnel.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Area pharmacy operating and capital budgets.
- Responsible for all pharmacy activities, including drug distribution, drug education, pharmacist clinical role expansion, retail business expansion, performance measurement, employee development, regulatory compliance and multi-disciplinary team development.
- Provides leadership and collaboration within and outside of pharmacy operations, including the medical staff, nursing staff, ancillary care providers, customer/member services, marketing, external affairs, California pharmacy operations, community providers, other Area pharmacy leaders, and the Area Leadership Team.
- Ensures compliance with all pertinent state and federal regulations.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience in an Integrated Delivery System or multi-facility hospital system.
- Pharmacy degreerequired.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current, valid license as a Pharmacist in the State of California required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage professionals and others through influence and collaboration across multiple sites.
- Demonstrated proficiency in team building, conflict resolution, and group dynamics as well as project management Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations such as The Joint Commission, Title 22, Federal HMO Act, Knox- Keene Act, applicable Medi-Cal and Medicare regulations and State Board of Pharmacy Regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all facets of inpatient and/or outpatient pharmacy operations, including professional, legal, business, and public relations aspects.
- Frequent travel within California is required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Job Number: 562496