As the Area Operations Manager/Senior Project Manager based in West Virginia, you will be responsible for providing direction and leadership to this growing region. You will develop and implement strategic and tactical operational plans in order to surpass the overall project objectives, delivering projects safely, on time, within budget and to the Client’s satisfaction.
- As a leader, you will embody our core values and supervise, develop and mentor you team, creating collaborative, problem-solving, and a positive environment for all employees. You will actively champion a strong and consistent safety, cost and operating culture.
- In collaboration with the Estimating team, participate in and oversee bid reviews for projects within your area and review and negotiate agreements and contracts where necessary.
- Developing and maintaining successful client/owner and JV Partner relationships, you will act as project sponsor, attending and actively contributing in all owner meetings, ensuring win-win outcomes that are best for the project and business.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the project managers and various other site personnel on your assigned projects, ensuring all projects progress safely, on schedule and within budget.
- Take full responsibility for ensuring the most effective utilization of all resources (Supervision, manpower, equipment, Subcontractors, etc.) in your area.
- Review weekly and monthly project status reports and evaluate that schedules and plans meet the required project performance goals.
- Assemble key personnel for the project, utilizing internal resources as well as external through your existing network.
- With profit and loss responsibility for your projects, you will oversee and/or audit project cost controls, budgets, invoicing, estimates and project forecasts and provide regular updates to management, with an emphasis on profit, reduced under billings, positive cash flow, and timely project closeout procedures.
- Where necessary, take a lead role in resolving any contractual, legal and/or compliance issues with owners, JV partners or suppliers.
- Be a champion in the implementation of new policies and procedures across your group to improve efficiencies and workflow, directly overseeing the change management process.
- A Bachelordegree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited institution or equivalent training and experience is required
- 15+ years of proven Project Management experience with a large General Contractor
- Substantial experience on large scale heavy civil projects (bridges, roads, highways, rail etc.) is required. Design-Build experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of scheduling software (P6).
- Proven success in delivering high quality projects on time and on budget
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to represent all project matters on behalf of the Company and/or Joint Venture related to cost, schedule & contract matters with owner, partners and/or subcontractors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work through and overcome conflicts productively, while maintaining professionalism at all times