Santander Bank's Mortgage Area Sales Manageris responsible for:
- Coaching and providing guidance on a daily basis to Mortgage Development Officers (MDOs) to ensure that they are on track to meet their sales goals and that they are executing the appropriate sales behaviors.
- Overseeing activities related to the origination of residential mortgage loans by meeting with MDOs three days per week and reviewing pipelines.
- Ensuring team is focused on the acquisition of new business and personal relationships and the retention and expansion of existing relationships.
- Providing effective performance management and successful on-boarding for all new MDOs.
- Monitoring branch responsibilities.
- Driving and developing all potential business in respective market by building and retaining relationships in the community.
- Working with real estate developers and other centers of influence to bring business to the team.
- Planning and carrying out special promotional projects.
- The administration of sales, service, operational efficiency, risk applications, internal control and HR administration.
- Ensuring compliance control and risk management.
- Maintaining knowledge of any changes in government regulations concerning residential mortgage loan lending and communicating these changes to team.
- Ensuring team is providing regular, timely and proactive customer communication.
- Providing escalation and remediation process support.
- Ensuring origination, processing, underwriting and closing timelines are in line with communications and customer commitment.
- On an ongoing basis, recruiting and networking to identify new talent to ensure that staffing is always at an appropriate level.
- Preparing annual volume and cross sell budgets for MDOs and ensuring adherence.
As a member of Santander's retail banking division you'll help serve Santander's retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander's retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
- QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of mortgage and business development experience with a minimum of 2 years sales management experience in mortgage/financial services.