What You Will Do:
- Work closely with current and new customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory.
- Leverage extensive product, service, and market knowledge in customer dialogue.
- Monitor local and regional competition, market shares, and pricing within assigned area.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and new customers, including plant or facility executives.
- Execute sales plans in assigned customer base and new customer accounts to meet defined territory profit increase goals.
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer complaints, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Actively sell and support Nalco Champion innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco Champion.
- Anticipate customer needs based on knowledge of customer processes and operations; identify unmet customer needs.
- Provide support to the District in terms of being aligned with the customers and the market place around pricing strategies, service models, efficiencies, other potential revenue streams, product profitability, defending existing business, and prospecting.
- Monitor, track, and maintain adequate field chemical inventories and equipment as necessary.
- Provide analytics and delivery of all reports required by customer contracts and internal reporting responsibilities, such as service reports.
- Supervisory responsibilities including mentoring, coaching, training District Representatives
- Collaborate in cross-functional projects within Nalco Champion, promoting the transfer of knowledge as well as the delivery of innovative processes and programs.
- Must have the ability to Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 55 pounds/25 kg chest high
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of successful technical sales or field sales management experience
- Ability to travel within a geographic territory
- Ability to travel overnight for business
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role (US Only)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- Experience in oil and gas industry preferred
- Previous Refinery/Petrochemicalexperience
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Account leadership experience that includes calling on multilevel plant or facilities management to accomplish company goals
- Strong work ethic and ability to multitask