- Lead and manage the construction efforts, ensuring the project is delivered on time and in budget. Working closely with the Project Director/Area Manager, you will have responsibility for overall forecasting, cost management, contingency planning and securing the profitability of the project.
- Develop and maintain successful client/owner and JV Partner relationships on behalf of Flatiron.
- Establish and implement project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards in line with corporate policies.
- Leading by example, you will provide positive safety leadership to the project, promoting our "Don't Walk By" safety standard and Company Values.
- Assist in reviewing and negotiating contracts, liaising with legal counsel as appropriate in conjunction with the leadership team.
- Assemble key personnel for the project, utilizing internal resources as well as leveraging your existing network.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company's interests and maintain strong relationships with client.
- Contribute technical direction to the pre-award process by determining project scope, planning, and estimating and during construction, act as a technical resource for the project team.
- Monitor/control construction progress to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Continuously review field operations, ensuring that the project is constructed safely and in accordance with all design, budgetary and scheduling obligations.
- Identifying required and optional changes in project scope and negotiate change orders with the owner.
- A Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management or 20 years equivalent training and experience is required.
- At least 15+ years of proven Project Management experience with a large General Contractor seeing various water treatment plants ($50M+ in value) from inception to completion.
- Substantial experience on water and/or wastewater projects is required. Additional experience on large scale Heavy Civil Infrastructure projects (Utilities, bridges, roads, highways, rail etc) is would be beneficial
- Understanding of various types of structures, process systems, start-up, testing and commissioning requirements associated with water and/or wastewater projects. Ideally, you will have experience on Wastewater Projects with primary, secondary, tertiary treatment process, along with Filtration, Ozone, RO, and UV Systems associated with Water Treatment Projects.
- Construction, design, finance and management experience is required.
- A strong working knowledge of P6 is required, with understanding of Cost Loading, & Resource Loading.
- Proven success in delivering high quality projects on time and on budget.
- Experience in multiple procurement methodologies - Design Build/Bid build/CMGC.
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to represent all project matters on behalf of the Company and/or Joint Venture related to cost, schedule & contract matters with owner, partners and/or subcontractors
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibility
- Must be willing and able to travel based on business needs and project assignments
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Job ID: 2159