As an Area Manager in our Water Group, you could be located in either Dallas or Austin, TX. You will take a lead role on projects, liaise directly with the client/owners and be responsible for ensuring the delivery of the project on time and in budget. To be successful in this position, you must have previous end-to-end water/wastewater construction experience, ideally on large scale design-build projects and a demonstrated track record of leading and executing profitable projects while building talent capability.
- Lead and manage the construction efforts, ensuring the project is delivered on time and inbudget. Working closely with the Water Group VP, you will have responsibility for overall forecasting, cost management, contingency planning and securing the profitability of theproject.
- Develop and maintain successful client/owner and JV Partner relationships on behalf ofFlatiron.
- Establish and implement project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards in line with corporate policies.
- Leading by example, you will provide positive safety leadership to the project, promoting our "Don't Walk By" safety standard and Company Values.
- Assist in reviewing and negotiating contracts, liaising with legal counsel as appropriate inconjunction with the leadership team.
- Assemble key personnel for the project, utilizing internal resources as well as leveraging your existing network.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company's interests and develop and maintain strong relationships with client.
- Track regional opportunities and contribute technical direction to the pre-award process bydetermining project scope, planning, and estimating and during construction, act as a technical resource for the project team.
- Monitor/control construction progress to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Continuously review field operations, ensuring that the project is constructed safely and inaccordance with all design, budgetary and scheduling obligations.
- Identify required and optional changes in project scope and negotiate change orders withthe owner.
- A Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management or related field from an accredited institution and 10+ years of proven Project Management experience with a large General Contractor overseeing various water treatment plants from inception to completion.
- Additional experience on large scale Heavy Civil Infrastructure projects (Utilities, bridges, roads, highways, rail etc) would be beneficial
- Understanding of various types of structures, process systems, start-up, testing and commissioning requirements associated with water and/or wastewater projects. Ideally, you will have experience on Wastewater Projects with primary, secondary, tertiary treatment process, along with Filtration, Ozone, RO, and UV Systems associated with Water Treatment Projects.
- A strong working knowledge of P6 is required, with understanding of Cost Loading, & Resource Loading.
- Proven success in delivering high quality projects on time and on budget.
- Experience in multiple procurement methodologies - Design Build/Bid build/CMGC.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to represent all project matters on behalf of theCompany and/or Joint Venture related to cost, schedule & contract matters with owner, partners and/or subcontractors
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibility
- Registration or eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer is preferred
- Must be willing and able to relocate based on business needs and project assignments
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program