$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
The Area Manager - Operations and Maintenance position will provide general management over plant operations and maintenance. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Overall responsibility for operations (production and maintenance), safety, facility including the successful implementation of recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and safety
- Experience in the oil country tubular goods field, ERW pipe manufacturing and heat treating operations
- Ensuring that customer requirements are met using effective communication among all parties
- Leading efforts to identify, implement and document profitability improvements.
- Develop annual business plans with accounting and other business partners.
- Metrics driven(safety, environmental, quality, production, and cost)
- Developing management employees to improve current performance and anticipate future opportunities
- Engaging wage employees (recognizing our commitment to workforce diversity and inclusion) to improve current performance assist in identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Managing the implementation of a facility expansion including training and staffing of new personnel
- Implementing and using an enterprise resource planning system (e.g.Oracle, SAP)
- Lean Six-sigma
- Manager of managers and supervision of union workforce
Minimum requirements include experience in one of the following industries (oil country tubular goods) 5 years of ERW operations experience, and a bachelor's degree (or technologist's degree and/or related additional experience) in business, engineering or a related field. Willingness to relocate. Computer literacy is essential to include Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Effective verbal & written communication and presentation skills.
Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn't be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation's energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
As a manager/supervisor of the company, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to manage change, communicate effectively, and lead high-performance teams.
Valid Through: 2019-9-16