The Area Manager Skills Development (AMSD) will provide and/or coordinate adequate training solutions to all shop personnel so that each employee has the necessary knowledge and skill for their level which contributes to the attainment of maintenance initiatives, cost controls, customer satisfaction and retention, employee growth and retention and overall performance and productivity. Position will cover specific geographic area.
This position is responsible for insuring Ryder administered training meets or exceeds the expectation of our internal customers. Effective training is required to insure trainees will be able to positively impact running costs by reducing rework, breakdown and outside spend once complete. The AMSD is responsible for driving continuous improvement in safety, quality and speed throughout the FMS maintenance organization.
- An Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Automotive/Diesel Technology, Transportation Safety or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum of five years experience in a maintenance environment with corresponding certification/qualification
- Knowledge of Fleet Management Services and Safety operations required
- MS Office experience required and basic computer software proficiency including SMS
- Three to five years experience providing technical training is preferred
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Requires the ability to work with others and to become a full member of a multi-operational team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- Field technical and mechanical experience preferred
- Must have management skills, verbal and written communication proficiency, influence and negotiation skill, excellent follow-up and time management skills.
- Responsible for administering technical and leadership training to all FMS maintenance employees
- Responsible for the qualification of technical training to all FMS Maintenance employees
- Actively involved in identification, development and updating of current and new training materials and courses
- Responsible for timely updating TalentMap upon course completion
- Monitor training facilities to insure they provide high quality training environments, are adequately supplied and equipped to support world class training. Communicate to Operations Leadership the needs of the center
- Operate as catalyst for TTRP to improve eligibility and participation
- Promote and support ASE participation and Safety programs
- Performs other duties as assigned