Here at Schwan’s we’ve made a lot of changes! We have new leadership in place, new momentum inthe market, and delicious food that helps more families share home-style, quality meals together. We’ve also made substantial changes to our route team – see below for details and come be a part of our transformation!As an Area Manager, this position is responsible to lead motivate and engage the route service team tosafely deliver world class customer service and sales growth (profitability). This leader ensures efficient route operations that best leverage all assets and resources available and will lead the execution ofperformance and operational goals focused in the areas of safety people service quality cost and growth.
- Manages route productivity and asset/resource utilization Leads sales performance within an area ofapproximately $3-$6 million per year and may oversee more than one location Maintains productive route structure by ensuring effective work hours and expectations are met as well asroute sequence integrity
- Leads execution of delivery and service standards to ensure a high quality customer experience through efficient route operations.
- Leads one or more profit centers which may be in one or more physical location
- Executes and enforces safety standards within the Depot. Drives accountability of safe behaviors by coaching team members. Identifies and removes risks and participates in accident investigations
- Leads people management and development demonstrating a disciplined approach to recruitingtraining coaching performance management and retention
- Focuses on effective talent selection hiring and successful on-boarding of new team members.
- Ensures successful customer service delivery as well as recovery; Serves as local point ofcontact for customer service communication & follow- up coordination with the call center and overall issue resolution
- Effectively cascades key messages on areas of focus and strategic priority for the business and helps the team through changes
- Oversees the warehouse team to ensure execution of efficient warehouse operations (management of fleet assets for the location compliance with Pre & Post Trip inspections utilization PM schedule repair/maintenance breakdown pick-up etc)
- Conducts essential administrative duties such as payroll banking equipment support resource scheduling and daily reporting
- Reviews financial reporting/KPI#s to make informed decisions on cost controls route productivity product inventory controls maintenance of assets depot supplies profitability etc.
- Implements and maintains compliance with all government and corporate programs and policies
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards ofconduct.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience (Sales Customer Service); 2 yrs direct leadership experience
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior route sales or route service experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to inspire coach and develop others through a shared vision and purpose
- Ability to select high quality/caliber talent
- A passion for providing outstanding service.
- Desire to have personal accountability and drive a culture of execution
- Ability to engage and lead team meetings
- Basic PC skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Ability to pass a background check, drug test and physical as required by the Department ofTransportation.