The Area Manager, Public Sector Sales is responsible for the research, development, planning and implementation of the strategies and programs that will enhance Waste Management’s relations with the community, the public, governmental and regulatory authorities, shareholders and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Implement action plan developed with Public Sector and Sales to eliminate overlap and identify opportunities to advance business goals, maximize charitable and community communications and donations, and ensured coordinated media strategy.
Manages a Public Sector Sales goal and a sales book of business
Responsible for growth and retention of Public Sector Customers.
Responsible for Higher Education Sales and Retention of Customers
- Implements strategic plans to impact proposed legislation, regulations, or local ordinances in favor of WM.
- Assists with developing communication materials and resources including media and outreach materials, advertising, writing/editing newsletters, speeches, and presentation to promote greater awareness and understanding of WM business and operations.
- Implements district community relations plans including grassroots initiatives, charitable donations, local government affairs, media relations and communications to support expansions, project development and meet business objectives.
- Delivers WM response to business issues or events that will impact the public.
- Works with district/business unit managers to promote community relations programs including business and education programs.
- Assists and coaches company staff with public speaking engagements, presentations, and preparation of articles for publication.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Seven years of relevant work experience in sales (in addition to education requirement).
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required