Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an Agricultural Area Manager for our Pro Markets!
Do you have at least 5 years' experience in sales, marketing, and/or product development with proven results in a multi-million dollar business? Do you possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Ag or a business-related field? Can you provide leadership to a diverse team? Are you passionate about talent acquisition and development? If so and you are willing to travel 30-40% of the time, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Wilbur-Ellis Pro Market sales division specializes in Professional Markets, nurseries, greenhouses, golf courses, athletic fields, forests, vegetation and a diversified group of horticulture.
The Area Manager manages Pro Markets operations in an assigned Geography including but not limited to retail strategy development and implementation, management of Wilbur Ellis locations, talent development, operational oversight and financial results. As part of the Geography Management Team, the Area Manager provides leadership and direction to branch management in operations goals and objectives and implementation of the Geography strategic plan.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agriculture or Business-related field preferred
- Strong business leadership experience with proven results in a multimillion dollar business
- Minimum of five years’ experience with a demonstrated track record in sales and marketing or product management. Agriculture business or specialty business preferred but not required
- Proven expertise in talent acquisition and employee development
- Proven management of a diverse team
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications
- Ability to travel by air or auto
- Must be able to drive safely for long distances
- Acceptable DMV reportrequired and successfully pass background check
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Good interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with branch personnel, peers, management, suppliers, and customers
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups with an ability to lead and influence
- Detail and accuracy orientation with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to travel up to 30-40%
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Development of annual business plans that optimizes growth and profitability for the area
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and communication of the financial performance objectives for the area
- Communicate with Geography Management the initiatives, objectives, strategies, and action plans
- Provide leadership and direction to branch managers and support staff
- Utilize Variable Pay Incentive Plan (VPIP) to establish measurable, challenging goals for sales and management personnel that lead to the accomplishment of the overall Area financial goals
- As part of an overall performance management plan, conduct annual performance appraisals with Branch Managers and assist and advise Branch Managers with sales team performance reviews
- Provide employees with constructive feedback and coach employees on how to improve their performance
- Train, coach, and mentor for the growth and increased effectiveness of others
- Provide leadership in recruiting, motivating and retaining key employees. Assure the right person is in the proper role
- Coordinate effective sales team training in skill development and growth
- Assist branch managers with efficient use of capital asset utilization and acquisition. Monitor new asset performance to plan and adjust as required to meet plan goals.
- Adhere to all company policies associated with safety, health, and environmental practices. Take immediate and appropriate actions to remedy hazards as they are identified. Help provide solutions to safety, health, and environmental
- Minimize risk of claims, credit and compliance issues through adherence to policy, best practices, and on-going training
- Identify and communicate growth opportunities through acquisition, new market development, and geography expansion
- Implement area plan to supportstrategic initiatives with value added nutrition, branded products, seed, purchasing, and Utilize Geography and Area resources to provide excellent service and support to branch sales and operations.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based bonus based on results
- Comprehensive employee health, retirement benefit offerings including a company vehicle